Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

MY SKINCARE SECRET...not a secret anymore!

So I have been asked by quite a few people what my daily skin care routine is. I've tried to keep it a secret (lol) but that wouldn't be very nice of me, now would it? So I've decided to share:



Daily Cleansing Routine
Product: Extra Virgin Olive Oil ....yes, just Olive Oil.
I do this every night and every morning.
Pour a quarter size amount of EVOO in the palm of your hand and rub/massage it all over your face as if you were washing with a regular cleanser. Keep your eyes shut really tight though, cuz if the oil seeps in your vision will be blurry for about an hour!
Have a washcloth near by ( right on the sink or in your shower) and when you're ready to rinse off, wet the washcloth with really warm water and hold it to your face for about 10-15 seconds then gently wipe all the oil off. Repeat that 2 or 3 times till the oil is removed. If you wear alot of eye makeup you may need to concentrate a lil more on the eye area to remove all traces of makeup.
TRUST ME....Olive Oil WILL remove all your makeup. It will not clog your pores or cause breakouts. It actually gets deeps down into your skin opening your pores, loosening the dirt and makeup bringing it to the surface for easy removal.
Your face will feel "slightly" oily after this, but it should.
Gently pat dry your face.

Daily Moisturizing Routine
Product: Extra Virgin Olive Oil...Yes, Just Olive Oil again! LOL
I do this every night and every morning after cleansing with EVOO.
Take a much smaller amount ( I usually just press my fingers tightly to the top of the bottle of oil, tip it upside down and just use that amount as a moisturizer. Start around eyes first and then work the remainder over the rest of your face.

Olive Oil has been used for centuries in Mediterranean countries for skincare and especially in their diet. And if you notice most Mediterranean women don't have alot of wrinkles and have beautiful supple skin. This will definitely help keep wrinkles at bay!

Because I am 1/2 Cape Verdean and 1/2 Greek I use a lot of Olive Oil in my diet on a daily basis. I love it!

Give it a try and leave me a comment letting  me know what you think!

XOXOXO
JOJO

5 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! I am definately a believer in Olive Oil. In fact, there is a line out there called DHC- many of their products have an olive oil base (I will try to find their link if you want). I have acne-prone skin and olive oil actually helps.
    Thanks for the tips JoJo!!
    Amber/New & excited follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Amber! People always think that something "oily" will make them break out...and in most cases, it will. But not something natural like Olive Oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying it tomorrow and going to follow you regularly. I need all the tips I can get!
    Thank you for starting this blog! I am a parent of a son with autism. This blog is going to force me to do something for ME. Thank you for that JoJo!

    You go girl!
    Marie Duggan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marie! I'm glad I could be of some help...stay tuned..more to come!

    ReplyDelete